Pages

06 July 2009

The Smallest Things...

... Matter Most!

I admit it - I'm a girl who likes gifts. I pretend that I am better than that and that I don't think material gifts are important, but get real... I.Am.A.Girl. Don't we all like gifts? (if you Are.A.Girl and don't like gifts, keep it to yourself!).

But sometimes, although I like material gifts, they can seriously be trumped.

Like when your husband (who you started dating when you were much hotter at 16 than you sometimes feel now that you just turned 34) turns to you in the car while you two are running errands, smiles at you, and says with a look of total sincerity and love says:

"Your hair looks really cute."

And.Then.You.Melt. because you know you have married The.Perfect.Man. and you know that this is just another example of why you love him with all your heart (plus, he's super hot!).


10 Cheers (not Jeers!):

Danielle said...

really quick (and then you can delete my comment) - you're hair looks really cute? really kirsten? lately between you and jenny, i have my work cut out for me!!! ;)

Danielle said...

he is totally cute! you married well!!!

K said...

Thanks for the editing check, D. I'll leave "you're" comment as a reminder that you.got.me!

Lois Brown said...

Very sweet and he is a great guy! You deserve a great guy too!

mamachristi said...

That is so sweet!

Sharla said...

So great! That made me smile!

Danielle said...

for some reason i can't even delete my own comment. what the heck? i sound like a total beast!! but i was really laughing. i mean, after all, remember how i got a prescription to a magazine? come on!! ♥

Ashley said...

very sweet!! and, happy birthday late... I am sorry I am just now getting to this, beat me if you must

~Rachel said...

I love this post. You really did get a sweety but you totally deserve him.

Danielle said...

I saw this today and thought of you:

http://www.stephmodo.com/2009/06/when-life-hands-you-lemons.html

Her blog seems cool.

Bye!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin