Pages

29 June 2009

A Day Away

So, Brian planned this secret day trip. He wouldn't tell me where we were going, but he kept dangling the carrot of "I have a secret, na na na na na na!" (He didn't actually say that, but it wasn't hard to tell he was thinking it!).

It is really hard for me not to try and find things out ahead of time (I mean REALLY hard) and he knows it. But... I was determined.not.to.bug.him. And let me tell you... IT.WAS.HARD!

Especially when I learned that people at work knew, my sister knew, my mom knew, his mom knew. I mean, come on... this was pure TORTURE. But still... I.DID.NOT.BUG.HIM.

And then, it started to bug him NOT to tell me. He wanted to, oh, he wanted to! So, the night before, he offered the chance for clues!

Here's what I got:


  • "You'll want to take the camera"

  • "Be ready to leave by 8 am"

  • "Wear whatever you want"

  • "We won't be in the Metroplex"

  • "We're going West"

That was it... my clues. And as luck would have it: I GUESSED!!!!

We had a fabulous day together, planned with thought and care to be something I would really enjoy and be interested in, by my AWESOME husband who knows me better than I think I know myself. He is totally a ROCK STAR in my world and I am just a groupie!

The slideshow of our day is on our other blog called: Don't Blink (click the name to check it out).

4 Cheers (not Jeers!):

Danielle said...

that's so cute that he planned all that. i'm glad you had a good time!

(how was the coke?)

Unknown said...

How thoughtful of Brian! What a fun trip!

Jenny said...

I love, love, love this!!!! I love you guys!

Lois Brown said...

That was a great slideshow and looks like it was the perfect trip! You guys are so awesome together! Good job Brian!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin