Pages

16 May 2008

A Great Evening!

Last night we had an awesome Relief Society enrichment meeting that combined sisters from the 2nd, 3rd, and 6th wards and included Laurels as well. The focus of the evening: "Follow the Yellow Brick Road... but watch out for flying monkeys!" reminded all of us that although there are many distractions in life (aka:"flying monkeys"), we can and must strive to stay focused on our Savior.

Through music and spoken messages, the Spirit was strong and my heart and mind were filled. Not only did I grow in my understanding of how much I have to offer as a daughter of God, but my testimony of the Savior and His amazing love was also strengthened through the evening.

So many wonderful people worked together to make this an amazing evening! I love the members of this church! Through you I am strengthened, I am uplifted, I am blessed.

I am thankful for the opportunity to have been in the company of so many wonderful sisters, learning the gospel and feeling the presence of the Lord's Spirit. I am also grateful for all those who walk beside me and help me dodge those "flying monkeys" as I try to follow the path that will lead me back to my Father in Heaven.

The music selections from the evening......

"Come Unto Christ" by Sally deFord
http://www.defordmusic.com/comeuntochrist.htm


"Live Like You Believe" music by Jenny Phillips, video by Kerrianne Dugan

2 Cheers (not Jeers!):

Jenny said...

The whole night was so amazing!! I just stand in awe at how absolutely perfect the pieces all came together--such a reassurance to my testimony that the Lord is watching out for us and puts the pieces in place.

andi said...

Yeah, I heard about that night...and then had a flying monkey launched at my head about 2 days ago at my mom's house...I bet you WOULD get the giggles with that!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin