Pages

11 September 2008

Proud to be an American


I am so proud to be an American!

As I look at this picture of my nephew (who wants to be just like his dad, the Air Force pilot), my heart fills with gratitude and love for all those, like my brother, who serve our country.

Today marks the 7th anniversary of 9-11. What a life-changing that day was in all of our lives. And yet, how quickly that day is becoming part of the historic past.

Today at an inservice, it was noted that the freshman in high school this year were 5 years old when the attacks of 9-11 occurred. It makes me feel old to think that an event so deeply etched in my personal memory is already considered "history" to the next generation.

And yet, seven years later, one important thing is the same: those who serve our country still stand at their posts.

The firefighters, police officers, health officials, and those in the military continue to do what they did so willingly that day seven years ago when, as Alan Jackson notes, "the world stopped turning"... they put their lives on the line just...in...case.

Thank you. It's not enough, but thank you.

1 Cheers (not Jeers!):

Jenny said...

I love Josh, and I love America!!!! I, too, am soooo grateful for those who stand to protect us.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin