Pages

20 November 2008

Gratitude

At this time of year we often stop and think of the blessings that we are grateful to have in our lives. My life is filled with blessings everyday (stay tuned for that list!), but today I want to focus on the gratitude I have for my friends Jennifer and Mary.

We have been working together as the presidency of the Relief Society in our ward for the last 19 months and what an experience that has been! I am so thankful for all of their support, their willingness to serve others, their kindness, their compassion, their patience (they have been working with me, ya know!) and their friendship.

Changes have happened in our organization (funny how the Lord moves you to something else when you are finally getting comfortable!) and Jennifer has been asked to work with the Young Women, while Mary has been asked to work with the Primary. I know that they will be AWESOME where they serve.

Meanwhile I have the chance to work with two more awesome women: Sarah and Becky - and I can't wait to get to know them better!

Although Mary, Jennifer, and I won't be in class together on Sunday (or meeting together on Wednesday), I now understand that Relief Society is the organization for all the women of the church, set apart by the Lord to strengthen us all, no matter where we serve.

Thank you Jennifer and Mary for walking with me so diligently these last 19 months. We have done a lot of good things and I know we will continue to do good things.

I love ya both and I know how much YOU ROCK (especially in pink camo!).








9 Cheers (not Jeers!):

Lois Brown said...

very nice! I know that Jennifer and Mary are sad they are not with you anymore and I am sure they appreciate what you have said! You guys were an awesome team! And I know it is hard with change! But I am excited to see Mary in Primary with me and I know Jennifer will be awesome in YW's again. Kirsten, you always do the thoughtful thing! to quote you...You ALL ROCK!

Anonymous said...

Kirsten...you are so thoughtful and sweet! What lovely (and very accurate) sentiments to share! You guys were an awesome team and I know I was very blessed by each of your love, thoughtfulness and hard work.

Jennifer Parker said...

If not for our "reflection night" last night, I would have moved on and may have even forgotten some of the tender mercies and --what to me are-- miracles of our shared experience. There would have been the emptiness that haunts the end of each powerful experience that goes unmourned or unwritten. Because of your thoughtfullness, it feels complete. Thanks for being you. You are, and always will be a great example to me. Love ya!

Lois Brown said...

Allison just started a blog...I'm so excited. You should read what she put about herself under her picture on her blog. It is a very cool testimony...I'm just a little proud. Sorry. She is so amazing, of course all my girls are...but I wanted you to see

http://allisonbrownlive.blogspot.com/

Ashley said...

Aww, how sweet. I am so excited to be in this ward, seriously it just feels so right. And, I am even more excited to get to meet so many new, strong, and amazing sisters. Thanks, Kirsten. You have a heart of gold and I am so glad you are my prez!

Kira said...

You guys seriously came up with some awesome enrichment's!! I am so glad I got to attend some of them.

Jenny said...

You guys have seriously been amazingly inspired. It's been so uplifting to be able to participate in the activities you all have planned. And it's exciting to see how things continue to play out for all of the auxiliaries where you amazing sisters are now serving!

~Rachel said...

Beautiful post! You all did ROCK and you will continue to ROCK in each of your new areas. I personally am so grateful for each of you as you were each there for our family during the hardest time of our lives. You each lifted my me up in your own wonderful and unique way and I can never thank you all enough. Thank you Kirsten, Jennifer and Mary.
~Rachel

Linds said...

in response to your comment.... i'm not really that good at this whole blog thing. i don't know how to add people or i would. Matt is supposed to do all that.... if he ever gets around to it, i'm sure you know how that goes :) .... sorry...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin