Pages

26 November 2008

Twilight: My Reaction, My Opinion


Last night was a girls night out (we missed you D!) and we headed downtown to see the highly anticipated movie version of Twilight. Being a staunch reader, I am ALWAYS (and I mean always) hesitatant when Hollywood puts a book on the big screen. Last night was no exception and I went with high expectations.

With that said, I admit that overall it was a good movie and the storyline was true to the book (a huge sigh of relief from this audience member). However, I had a hard time buying some of the people cast for certain roles. I just wasn't feeling it for a couple of those choices and they didn't sell themselves as the character I imagined them to be.

The actors that did get my vote for selling their characters included those who played Bella (Kristen Stewart), Charlie (BIlly Burke), and all three of the "bad" vampires: James, Laurent, and Victoria. Robert Pattison did a good job, he's just not who I envisioned for Edward, so I'm still working on that one.

The biggest disappointment for me was Jacob Black. In my humble opinion, Taylor Lautner (the actor playing Jacob) did not in any way, shape, or form pull that one off. It could have been the bad wig, the bad lines, or the indiglo white teeth that distracted me from believing that he could ever stand a chance at winning Bella, but whatever the case, he just didn't work for me (remember, this is my humble opinion). I guess we'll see what happens as he undergoes his own transformation!

Although the movie was good, if you haven't read the books, there is so much more to the story than what the big screen can show!

Most of all, I enjoyed a great girls night out at a quality movie, followed by deli-cious dinner! Remember girls, we decided to do this again!

7 Cheers (not Jeers!):

Danielle said...

Yeah, maybe next time y'all can plan ahead a little better and go a little earlier. You know how Maddy & I roll. ;)

I liked your review of the movie and am glad that you liked it. I wondered about Jacob Black, since he is my very favoritest character. Hmmm. Now I need to drag Mike along to see it! Haha!

Lois Brown said...

Can you believe I don't even know what Twilight is? Where have I been?

~Rachel said...

What a fun night! It was nice to find fellow Twilight fans to share in the movie experience and even better to find a few new fans who will be reading the series now. I agree the biggest disapointment of the movie was the choice of Taylor Lautner portraying Jacob Black. Over all the movie was great and pretty true to the book. Can't wait for the next movie.

Wishes and Books said...

Oh my gosh! I totally agree with all of your opinions. I thought it was a good movie, but I didn't love it. I had a such a hard time with the actor that played Jacob...how are they going to change him for the next movie?

Ashley said...

Ok, I caved and I am halfway through the first book. Much better than I expected! I have a small group going to see it again next week if you are interested!

Anonymous said...

You know my feelings. Taylor Lautner is NOT Jacob. I am excited to see who they cast as the Volturi. I hope they stop completely pandering to the teen crowd with their casting selections. Thanks again for a super fun evening.

Anonymous said...

lol yes i am, but i just hardly ever update it! :-D but i regularly check catch up on others blogs!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin