Pages

15 January 2009

Putting Me Back Together Again

I have been feeling like Humpty Dumpty. You know... the wall... the fall... and the fact that "all the kings horses and all the kings men, couldn't put Humpty together again."

It wasn't just that I was sick...I was wiped out.

Unfortunately, life kept rolling on (and here I thought the world revolved around me!) and the files, the piles, and the things I am responsible for kept piling up. Which led me to feeling like poor ole' Humpty.

Today I have finally started to feel like I am putting myself back together again and what I am relishing right now is that my house is getting back in order (don't be fooled, the pictures below make it look like I'm a good housekeeper, there are still piles and files in other places!).

Having my house in order was important tonight because I hosted a discussion group for the ladies at church. I know that because my house was put together, we were able to feel the Spirit as we discussed talks from the October 2008 General Conference and reflected on how much we are loved by our Heavenly Father and our Savior, Jesus Christ.

And now... I am gearing up to host a baby shower Saturday (theme-based of course... and big surprise, the theme is books!), making me glad that this part of my life is "put back together again."

Of course, I think after the shower on Saturday I'm going to "shop my house." It's a new year and I need a new vision and I am feeling the challenge to catch this vision without spending money. This may mean an extra crack or two as things move around...

But, right now, at this moment, even though I might still be a little cracked, I am enjoying the peace of my house being put back together again!


Oh yeah, the cat enjoys and orderly house too...


(Well, she'd enjoy it if she were awake!)

3 Cheers (not Jeers!):

Ashley said...

So not fair how one illness can linger! So glad you are getting it together again. I would have come last night but we had a barfer. See ya Sunday, if I don't catch it...

Lois Brown said...

Yay! Put back together again! I so wish I could have been there last nigt at Conference Scholars I was going to take pictures of the group and everything.....now that I have a camera I'm dangerous! ha! And I really like discussing the talks and the notes I've taken...oh, well, there will be another month! Excited about the shower -- spent hours at the book store...but it is a brilliant idea to books! I'm afraid we will all show up with the same ones. Funny! Love it and most importantly love you!

~Rachel said...

I am so glad you are back together.
Your house looks wonderful. I am jealous I want a clean house too. Just not happening now though.
have a good week.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin