Pages

24 January 2009

UGH... I've been tagged for real!

My "friend" Ashley (yeah, okay, you're still my friend!) tagged me with the worst kind of tag ever... a "be honest" tag. Helllllooooo! I spend a lot of time hiding my quirks and weirdness, now she wants me to reveal ten things that nobody knows.... UGH!

I'm doing it, but at the risk of falling of the "wow, Kirsten is the most amazing person in the world pedestal" that I sit on. What? I'm NOT sitting on that pedestal? Whew! Then, it will be ok for me to share these 10 "honest" things about me...

  1. I am the world's best snoozer! I hit the snooze at least a dozen times before I have to get up to go to work during the week (don't even ask about Saturday snoozing!). Because of my snoozing skill, I have perfected the art of getting ready and out the door in 15 minutes flat (including shower). Thank goodness I can "go curly" with my hair because that seriously cuts down on the amount of time I have to spend getting ready and lets me snooze longer. So now you know that when my hair's curly (which is most of the time), I've probably been snoozing!

  2. I hate clutter and I hate "stuff"- BUT I am a pack rat who has a hard time getting rid of things. Definitely a conflict of thought - and one that I struggle with constantly. Right now I am trying to "sort and purge" and there are piles lining my hallway of things to "use or lose," but I am (as always) conflicted in my progress. Can anyone help me? (Other than Peter Walsh and the Clean Sweep team - they make me nervous!).

  3. I am a compulsive shopper. Which means I end up with way too much "stuff" that I don't really need, which leads to clutter, which makes me crazy (see #2 above), but still - I shop.

  4. I ate a brand-new sleeve of Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies ALL BY MYSELF and didn't even realize it. WHAT THE HECK!!! I opened the package, sat at the computer to check email and blog stalk, and the next thing I knew... the package was gone. Completely Empty. I ate them all... IN ONE SITTING. That is just sick (but they tasted good!).

  5. I battle my weight (it doesn't help that I can obviously put down an entire sleeve of cookies in one sitting) and I struggle with self-esteem lows that come from being overweight (especially since I wasn't always). I know that I need to do more to take care of myself. I even know what I need to do, but I haven't been able to stick to the process of developing good eating or exercise habits, and so I battle my weight and my self-esteem.

  6. I am a perfectionist. Okay, this may be something you already know, but you probably don't know that it is sometimes a truly debilitating problem for me because I.can't.let.go. I mean, how many times do you really have to print out a flyer for a church activity to change the font, or the layout, or the picture. Too much of my life is spent trying to perfect small things that don't really matter.

  7. I cannot manage my time. At all. End of statement. I just haven't figured it out.

  8. I'm a school librarian and a college instructor who doesn't pay attention to due dates and ends up regularly paying fines for overdue books (my head hangs in shame). Yes, I teach my students (children and grown-ups) the importance of due dates and deadlines, but I don't listen to myself... a perfect example of "do as I say, not as I do!"

  9. I suffer from C.H.A.O.S. = Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome because I don't want anyone to see the "stuff" and the "clutter" (see #2). The house has to be "perfect" before I'll let people come over - including family (see #6). But if I had better time management skills (see #7) and less Butt-in-Chair (where I blog stalk and find so many other people with beautifully arranged, clean homes on display for the world to see) then I might be able to manage my household better and then I would be free from C.H.A.O.S.

  10. Finally, I hate to shave my legs during the winter.

So, this tag (painfully and honestly written) is finished and you know more than you ever really wanted to about this girl!

Now, I am going to break my rule of tagging others. If I had to do this, then so do my family and friends (who will love me despite this tag!).

The rules are to tag 6 people. So I say, "tag, you're it" to:

  • Jenny
  • Danielle (ha! ha!)
  • Kira
  • Rachel
  • Andi
  • April

Honesty girls, honesty!

6 Cheers (not Jeers!):

andi said...

Oh geez...we share some of the same things, girl. I won't come to your house if you won't come to mine, ok? :) Or maybe we could just swap some clutter and inherit new treasures that way!

Kira said...

This is not what I thought you had for me. You tricked me!

Anonymous said...

I am trying to battle my own CHAOS syndrome by doing hosting this get-together on Friday. Boxes still clutter our dining room, no walls have been painted, no nice room-to-room flow ... but I'm going to let.go and just try to enjoy having friends here. Except I am going to have to vacuum, mop and make sure the guest bath is clean. I hear you on the weight deal (sigh). Hence our "Thankful Hearts"!!!!

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh the not shaving in winter is hilarious!! I too am a great snoozer, which is precisely why I have overslept for church the entire month of January. I sure hope I can get it together for February thru December...
One whole sleeve of thin mints huh? Well, at least it wasn't the whole box! Thanks for playing tag! Love ya!

Brittany said...

I'm Kira's niece (weird, I know) anyway, just wanted to say I"m the same with the Lorna Doone cookies....I just think some cookie elf must be sitting next to me and stealing half the cookies...right?

April @ Adventures and Gadgets said...

Would it make you feel better about the GS cookies if I told you I heard they have minimized the size of cookies & the size of package?! (Due to economy; GS didn't want to increase cost per box so they scaled back on the product.)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin