Pages

11 April 2009

Happy Easter

"Without Easter, there would be no Christmas."


I love this quote from Gordon B. Hinckley because it reminds me of ALL the amazing things that the Lord has done for me - for each of us - and for all that He blesses me with each day. We are so loved by our Savior and by our Heavenly Father and the evidence of their love is all around us.

Starting today, I will do a better job of stopping to smell the roses, hearing the birds, appreciating the beauty of the world I live in, giving thanks for the people who bless my life, expressing gratitude for the freedoms I enjoy, and recognizing the eternal love my Savior has for me.

After all, Easter is a time for renewal and rebirth, so it is the perfect time for me to be recommitted to living a life that follows the example set by Jesus Christ.

Happy Easter!

6 Cheers (not Jeers!):

Janell said...

Amen! Loving that quote XD

Lois Brown said...

Happy Easter to you as well. I posted my easter remembrance on Saturday and then did one about the wedding today...so maybe people won't see the easter one, but I hope that they will because I too am grateful to my Savior for his devine sacrifice! Love you more than you know! Lois

Danielle said...

What is this about 3rd Ward Relief Society? No more B & K?

Love this quote! Thanks for the reminder.

Danielle said...

You have to change your name back to K. You can still have a blog named that, but right now, your comment shows up as 3rd Ward Relief Society, *which is fine* but it bugs me. ;)

~Rachel said...

Love all the thoughts you mentioned they are so true. I am going to follow your lead and do a better job "of stopping to smell the roses, hearing the birds, appreciating the beauty of the world I live in, giving thanks for the people who bless my life, expressing gratitude for the freedoms I enjoy, and recognizing the eternal love my Savior has for me."
Thank you for your friendship and example.

Jenny said...

Let's smell some roses soon.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin