Pages

27 September 2009

What a Day!

Change is not always easy - especially when you knew it was coming but had to wait quietly for awhile before it could happen.

Today I was released as the president of the women's organization at Church, where I have served for the last 2 and 1/2 years (plus 2 days!), and have been tremendously blessed in my experience (visit my other blog here for more of my thoughts).

It's a little hard to say goodbye to this responsibility. Not because I like to be in charge, but because of all the amazing experiences that have blessed my life as I have worked with some of the most incredibly righteous, charitable, loving, Christlike women I have ever known.

I am grateful to know that even though my time to serve in this organization has ended at this time, I am still a part of the Relief Society and the Relief Society is still a part of me, and I will continue to cherish the relationships and friendships that have come into my life as a result of serving in this organization.

I also know that as I move forward into the new opportunity I have been given to work with the Young Women in our youth program, I will continue to find my life filled with rich blessings. They are an AWESOME group of girls!

I truly know that the Lord is aware of who I am and what I have to offer. I also know that He will walk beside me and bless me as I do my best to serve Him well.

After all, He loves me... He loves us all... unconditionally... without end.

1 Cheers (not Jeers!):

andi said...

WOW- released, huh?? I bet that feels good, but I totally know about missing it- it's kind of a weird sensation :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin