Pages

15 October 2009

What causes emotion?

For the last couple of weeks my feelings and emotions have been sitting right on my shoulders and have been tossed around a time or two, causing me to feel a plethora of emotions: happiness, sadness, frustration, disbelief, anger, humility, sorrow, joy, concern, hope...

So, what is it that actually causes us to feel such a wide variety of emotion?

I know that situations and experiences cause the emotional response, but how in the world do we know (without thinking) the response to have to these situations and experiences?

I know, this post should really be titled: "Deep thoughts with K!"

While I have no idea what kind of neurons fire to cause us to feel specific emotions (it's got to be a brain thing, right), I do know that regardless of the emotions that we experience, the feelings we have, the trials we face, we are never alone.

I am so grateful for family and friends who support me, love me, accept me, and strengthen me in ALL my emotions!

And I am truly grateful for my Savior, who knows better than anyone else exactly where I am, how I feel, and what I am going through. I am also grateful that He always loves me, is there to strengthen me, and He NEVER doubts me - despite how often I doubt myself. His love is amazing!

3 Cheers (not Jeers!):

Jenny said...

You are right on.
I love you, sis!!
None of these things will plague us anymore...IN THE RESURRECTION...and I, too, am grateful for the Savior's love in the meantime.

Danielle said...

i'm sorry you've been going through crap. and that's all it is too - just crap to weigh you down. hang in there. life won't suck forever, right? (please tell me it won't.) love ya!

K said...

No D, life doesn't suck forever! Actually, I think I've come to the realization that life itself doesn't suck, but some of the experiences of life are a little less than desirable!

That's why I am really trying to recognize and see the good experiences and draw strength from them. After all, we only get this once to live and we have to make the most of it, eh!

And because one of Brian's really good friends from high school just lost his only living parent and has no siblings, I am realizing that one of the blessings in my life is an amazingly large (and loving) family. I'm glad you're part of that family!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin