Pages

26 June 2008

One Good Guy



For 16 years of my life, I have been part of the Murphy family (courtesy of my association with a guy named Brian). So, in those 16 years, the Murphy's have seen me grow-up (well, a little bit!). Really, I have been so blessed to be part of Brian's family and I have always felt their love and support for me.

Brian's dad passed away unexpectedly last Tuesday (June 24) and we have been on an emotional roller coaster ever since. There have been tears - lots of them. There have been smiles and laughs - sharing memories helps you feel good. There have been hugs and flowers and plants and cards and calls and food (and food and food and food). Most importantly, there have been friends who have shown their love. There have been hard decisions to make, details to finalize, errands to run, things to do. Most importantly, there has been family surrounding us.

We have had the opportunity to grow closer and to recognize the tender mercies of the Lord in this experience. And we have had the chance to share the love we have for Jim. I am grateful that I had the opportunity to know him here on the earth and to be loved by him and I can't wait to see him again.

1 Cheers (not Jeers!):

Jenny said...

I am so grateful to have always been accepted by the Murphy family. They are amazing people, and my heart aches for this loss.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin