Pages

09 December 2008

"Butt-in-Chair" Syndrome

Ok, so B is right (I hate it when that happens!)

He is right about the fact that I suffer from "butt-in-chair" syndrome.

Have you heard of it? It's a condition that I hope you can avoid!

Here's what happens:

  1. You turn on the computer...
  2. You get a coke and a bag of puffy cheetos (or whatever snack you choose)...
  3. You sit in front of the computer...
  4. You check your email (looking for comment notification)...
  5. You check your blog (yep, it looks the same)...
  6. You check your blog roll and start visiting...
  7. And visiting...
  8. And visiting...
  9. And visiting...
  10. And eating the puffy cheetos (it was a relatively new bag)...
  11. Keep visiting (one place leads to another, to another, to another)...
  12. Look at the clock...
  13. Realize that once again, time has passed quickly...
  14. Check the puffy cheeto bag and wonder "did I REALLY eat all those!"
  15. Type up a lame-brain post so at least there is something new on the blog...
  16. Try to move beyond this recent attack of "butt-in-chair" and actually get something done around the house (which will be the gathering spot for family in just a couple of days to celebrate B's graduation!).
  17. Realize that this syndrome (which could be contagious, but I'm no doctor) could strike again the next time you sit at the computer!

So, if anyone knows a good way to cure "butt-in-chair," do tell! I need a remedy!

7 Cheers (not Jeers!):

Lois Brown said...

Sorry no help at all!

Jenny said...

I blame it on "SEOGP." There's no cure for that...

Anonymous said...

Chris says the cure is Foot-in-butt, apply liberally 3-4x daily as needed. Of course, being recovering BIC-aholics, we really can't comment. "Hi, my name is Lisa, and I'm a BIC-aholic". Don't you judge me.

Danielle said...

Here's a new twist...
- Get out your ghetto lap top
- Steal your friend's wireless thingy so you can access the internet from anywhere in your house
- Plug the lap top somewhere in the living room
- Watch your favorite TV show and on commercials, play on the computer

Works wonders. Then you'll know you have real problems...

~Rachel said...

I have always known I have had these symptoms but now that you have put a name to my syndrome I feel I can get some real help. I guess I will have to follow Lisa's lead and say, "Hi, my name is Rachel, and I'm a BIC-aholic"

Ashley said...

I have it, several times a day and there's no cure. Unless you toss your computer out the window!!! Seriously, it's a problem. I wish I could help! But, look on the bright side: funny post and you are getting lots of comments! a

April @ Adventures and Gadgets said...

Unfortunately, this seems to happen to me a bit too often!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin