Pages

06 March 2010

Keeping It Real

I don't know about anyone else, but my life is not nearly as neat and organized as the amazing sites I see when I am suffering from BIC Syndrome and spend too much time visiting the awesome sites over on "My Daily Drop-ins" list. But, I'm okay with my homemaker imperfections (most of the time!).

Sure, I want my house to be so put-together that if someone just dropped by, I wouldn't have to throw things into the front bedroom and slam the door before I let them in.

I would definitely love my kitchen and my bathroom and my sunroom and my master bedroom to be featured in some kind of "House Crashers" episode that leaves me speechless during the final reveal (anyone know how I can get on THAT list!).

While I'm thinking about it, I would love to highlight well-planned weekly menus that feature nutritious homemade meals made with food items already found in my pantry (anyone want to be my personal pantry-stocker and chef?).

And I can't forget that I would absolutely love to have the talent and time to magically transform thrift store finds into gorgeous works of art or repurposed masterpieces.

But, since I'm KEEPING IT REAL today, I acknowledge that I...

  • have to throw things into the front bedroom and slam the door before letting friends in
  • am as close to being featured on a "House Crashers" episode as I am to going to the moon
  • don't really cook (but I'm working on that)
  • lack the time (and usually the energy) to do anything with those thrift store finds but shove them into my garage

Now that I'm KEEPING IT REAL I guess I'll head back to the piles of laundry that have grown through the week, the kitchen table that collects all kinds of stuff until Saturday, and the blinds that I accidentally pulled out of the window frame in our bedroom when I was trying to open them to see the sun (B is going to love a reason to head to Lowe's!).

And you know what, as I head back to my homemaker tasks for today, I'm going to be thankful that I have a washer and dryer to clean my clothes, a kitchen table to stack things on, and a great husband who can put up new blinds because these are some of the things that help me to KEEP IT REAL!

1 Cheers (not Jeers!):

lalalaleesa said...

This was a timely blog to read as I embark on mopping a few hundred feet of tile, rotating laundry, vacuuming, etc. There is a counter in our house (you know where!) that is always covered from end to end with LEgos, board games, sippy cups, books, crafts, Scout hooey, etc. And I'm okay with that. There are fingerprints on the TV screen, but I'm okay with that. I need to paint more than just samples on my kitchen walls (hey! paint sale at Lowes this week!). Watch me go.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin