Pages

29 October 2008

Sometimes He Lets It Rain

There is no doubt in my mind that our Father in Heaven loves each of us. As a matter of fact, I know He does.

But sometimes, He lets it rain.

Today is a hard day for my principal and her family. They said good-bye to Jessica - their precious daughter, niece, grandaughter, wife, and young mother of 3 beautiful girls.

Today in that family, He let it rain.

And even though the rain may continue for awhile, there will be a time when the rays of the sun shine through. That is because His Son, our Savior Jesus Christ, understands the pain and the sorrow of this rainstorm and He is there for each member of this precious family.

He is there for each of us - even when the rains pour. And for that, I am grateful.

I love you, Sandy! You and your family are in my prayers.
K

Learn more about Jessica's story here at The Kaylor Journey.

Learn more about how you can help eradicate breast cancer at the Susan G. Koman Foundation.

4 Cheers (not Jeers!):

Anonymous said...

Thanks for providing a link to Jessica's family's blog on their experience. Always humbling, and puts things starkly in perspective. It amazes me how gracious and bright some people can be in the face of trial and tragedy ... and makes me wonder how I would do ...

Bobbi said...

Their story is a beautiful one and my thoughts and prayers are with the family.
Hopefully, the sun will come sooner than later.
My heart goes out to them.

Jenny said...

I don't think I can say it any better than Lisa and Bobbi already did. My thoughts and prayers are also with their family. I'm so grateful for the Savior who picks us up at times like these.

Linds said...

Kirsten, I just love how you put things in perspective. Thanks for sharing.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin